How to change the image drum
The printer contains four image drums: cyan, magenta, yellow and black
1. Press the cover release and open the printer’s top cover fully.
2. Note the positions of the four toner cartridges and image drums. It is essential that they go back in the same order.
3. Holding it by its top centre, lift the image drum, complete with its toner cartridge, up and out of the printer.
4. Put the assembly down gently onto a piece of paper to prevent toner from marking your furniture and to avoid damaging the green drum surface.
5. [Not shown in animation] On the assembly that you've removed from the printer - with the coloured toner release lever to the right, pull the lever towards you. This will release the bond between the toner cartridge and the image drum unit. Lift the right-hand end of the toner cartridge and then draw the cartridge to the
right to release the left-hand end and withdraw the toner cartridge out of the image drum cartridge. Place the cartridge on a piece of paper to avoid marking your furniture.
6. Take the new image drum cartridge out of its packaging and place it on the piece of paper where the old cartridge was placed. Keep it the same way round as the old unit. Pack the old cartridge inside the packaging material for disposal.
7. Place the toner cartridge onto the new image drum cartridge. Push the left end in first and then lower the right end in.
8. Push the coloured release lever away from you to lock the toner cartridge onto the new image drum unit.
9. Holding the complete assembly by its top centre, lower it into place in the printer, locating the pegs at each end into their slots in the sides of the printer cavity.
10. Finally, close the top cover and press down firmly at both sides so that the cover latches closed.