Oki Europe Limited (Oki) does not automatically collect or capture any personal data (that is, information about people who we can identify) about visitors to this or any of our sites.
Oki (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, and any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and any company or individual engaged by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. Any dispute which may arise over privacy will be subject to this policy, the data protection notice (if any) incorporated into this website and the provisions of English law. For the purpose of the this policy, the data controller is Oki Europe Limited, Blays House, Wick Road, Egham, Surrey, TW20 0HJ. We use a third party (Acuigen Ltd) to collate customers’ information and feedback through surveys. The www.okiuser.com and www.customserve.com websites are operated by Acuigen. Any personal data you provide to us on either of these websites will be dealt with by Acuigen as the data processor and Oki as the data controller. Both of these sites are operated under this policy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms or completing surveys on any of our sites including those operated on our behalf by third parties (our sites). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our sites, registering your purchase(s), subscribing to our service, posting material to our sites or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
4. Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
1. To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
2. To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
3. To speed up your searches.
Turning cookies off in your browser
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
· Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Block-enable-or-allow-cookies
· Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The transmission of information through the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site through the internet; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
3. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
4. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
5. To notify you about changes to our service.
6. To fulfil our obligation in ensuring the accuracy of the data we hold about you. This may take the form of an email from us to verify your contact details and your continued ownership of any previous purchases.
7. Where you have consented to do so, we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you and we, or they, may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box on the form on which we collect your data.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If OKI Europe Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
3. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of OKI Europe Limited, our customers, or others.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.